You've got questions / comments, we've got info!!
Keep 'em coming...
- I've never attended a webinar. It sounds technical. Can you walk me through it? Yes! We are invested in building our professional community and want you to connect, wherever you are. Just give us a ring or shoot us an email if you'd like to help getting started, it's a snap.
- Can't find our emails? If you've got gmail, check "Promotions." If you work for a large public r private health system, they may be quarantined, check your junk/spam, then check with IT. Nowhere to be found? Give us a shout and we'll re-send to the email of your choice.
- I live in southern Oregon (NY, AZ, France, etc.). How is this applicable? We are American Psychological Association approved CE sponsors, accepted by most state boards...and you've got options! We're here every 4th Friday--except August and December--in person and via live webinar. We'd love to see you in person, and we specifically chose Fridays to kickoff a lovely weekend...come visit (and write it off if you're in business for yourself!) Wanna stay home? Live on the other side of the globe? Attend via webinar!
- I live in another state! Can I get CEs? Yes!! If your Board accepts American Psychological Association approved CEs, you'll get credit. There are three ways to attend if you live out of state: Come out for a short vacation, attend via live webinar or purchase a recorded product (recorded products are current within the past year). Check with your individual board directly, or email us if you have questions!
- Every 4th-Friday? Is this a membership or can I attend individual presentations? You can attend individually, absolutely. We've also got discounts for repeat attendees! Those options are shown on our registration pages, click any registration button to see what we've got.
- I'd love to present. We'd love to hear from you. Please click on the Presenter Info tab, and get in touch! We're always looking for "back pocket" speakers as well, folks that can pinch hit in the event a scheduled presenter has to cancel.
- I'm attending a morning and afternoon presentation. Where can I go for lunch? Depends on the venue; we'll have recommendations day-of and you can always bring a lunch.
- What is the difference between going to a live presentation and attending via Interactive Webinar? We offer both options because we want to create and offer CE events that appeal to a variety of preferences and, ultimately, make it enjoyable for you. Some people prefer the "live" aspect of attending presentations in person, as well as taking advantage of the opportunity to meet peers directly at our reception afterwards. Others prefer the comfort of their own home and ability to participate anonymously. BOTH options provide you with a rich learning experience with handouts (when applicable) and chance to ask the speaker questions. Interactive webinar questions are sent to the webinar moderator via a chat function. Try out both and see what you prefer.
- Do I have to use PayPal? Nope! You also don't need your own PayPal account to pay using PayPal. You can use your debit/credit card OR PayPal. We do not accept checks, but PayPal does;).
- I keep getting a "card denied" when trying to register, what gives? We've heard some folks experience difficulties using Chrome as the browser and then have success with Safari. While this isn't true for everyone, it's worth switching browsers to see if that helps. If it doesn't, or that's too tech-y, send an email and we'll get it sorted.
- Why all of the technology? We won't overwhelm you with all of the 'technical' reasons, but the top three are 1) ease of access to register and attend, 2) ease/tracking of 2-way communication, and 3) a significant reduction in paper waste! Your handouts, surveys, and certificates will all be made available electronically (so add ease of record keeping for attendees, too!).
- But I like to take notes on copies of the slides/handouts, will these be available? There's not a definitive answer on this one. We are adapting to each presenter's wishes/process, changing technology, and trying to streamline things for the majority of folks. So!: If we have handouts/slides available in advance, we try to email them 48 hours before the event so you can print them for note taking if that's your personally preferred method. Lots of presenters make changes right up to the event, so these are not always available. AND...not *all* presenters share their slides for proprietary reasons, but many do, and these will typically be made available electronically with your CE letter following the event if not before. Any handouts referenced or used in class will be made available via attachment or weblink after the event as well. The only time we'll distribute paper is if there's a specific instrument for you to complete as part of the workshop. We're adjusting, too, and the four of us probably have materials from every CE course we've ever attended. somewhere. in a deep, dark corner of a very organized file cabinet. long ago forgotten...